How to Become a Graphic Designer in India
Hello, everyone. Am Prakash from Bangalore digital marketing. In this post, I will explain how to become a graphic designer in India. If you are creative or interested in designing various materials like a print, logo, or brochure, this post is the right choice.
Graphic designers play a significant role in the creative industry. They can create advertising posters, book designs, magazines, YouTube thumbnails, and packages.
So there is no doubt graphic designer has more demand in India. Without thinking, you can learn to design and benefit more from graphic design.
What is Graphic Designing?
Graphic designing is a piece of visual content to communicate messages in visual format by applying designing techniques like typography, colours, images and many more. Graphic Designing graphic designing is an emotional connection through designs in your designs. You can connect with many peoples in many ways. Usually, people like designs and creed use, so in this way, we can communicate messages to people.
People who like designs maybe they like graphic designing and interact with the graphic designs, also
How to become a graphic designer in India?
If you want to become a graphic designer in India, then you must complete your school education. Then only you can join any college degree or short-term graphic design courses.
To pursue a graphic design career, you can get many options. In India, there are three types of graphic designing courses available.
- The first is short-term graphic designing courses; maybe in 3 months’ Duration, you can complete this course for an entry-level graphic design position.
- The second one is the diploma course, which is a complete 6-month to 1-year Duration once you have done the diploma and gets a high package salary as a beginner.
- And final one is degree programs, 3-year College degrees programs like BSC Graphic and animations included in 6 semesters.
So if you want to become a graphic designer in India, you can choose these three choices and which is more for you.
If you don’t have money, then you can choose free platforms like youtube and blogs.
let see more details
Graphic designing is a creative field and it definitely needs software knowledge as well as practical knowledge also, lets see what kind of knowledge to become a good graphic designer in India.
Start with Basics:
If you want to become an excellent Graphic designer, first learn the basics, whether software or theory. When you have strong design knowledge and explore many design things, you quickly become a graphic designer.
Because when we have solid basic knowledge, we know how to go next steps and improve ourselves, so concentrate on learning the basics first and enjoy the learning process.
Where I can learn graphic designing
If you decide to study graphic design, you have many choices like a College degree 3 Year program, short-term graphic designing courses, or a diploma course in graphic design.
- The first one is three years degree in graphic design. It will involve a lot of theory and practical concepts like color theory, typography, and design elements.If you want to study graphic design in-depth, you can choose any degree program that will help you, and you can master it in graphic design.
- The second is a short-term course many institutes provide from three to six months. You will learn graphic software’s and a little bit of Theory parts. You can learn Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign, which will be a minimum guarantee.Once you have a degree, you can join any nearby Institute and short-term courses to help placements nearby graphic design companies. Compared to degree courses, short-term courses will be affordable fees.
- The third method is self-learning. If you are too smart to learn anything in Self, you can start learning graphic designing, even from YouTube videos.If you want to learn theoretical knowledge, visit some blogs also.
Still not useful then, you can also try short-term Graphic design course that will be helpful for you, and you can easily understand what you learned and what you made mistakes when you know self-made.
Learn Software Skills:
Designing has so many popular tools. Once you are familiar with design tools, you can manage basic designs. Also, once you learn basic procedures, you can feel confident and move on to the next step.
You must also know which software we need to use for particular designs. For example, we can use Photoshop for editing and In-Design for layout design.
Photoshop: Photoshop is used to edit concepts like image manipulation, color corrections, retouching, etc
In-design:In design for layout designs, especially if you want to work magazine on brochures, you must learn it.
Illustrator: Illustrator is fantastic vector graphics software. If you are interested in converting drawing to digital designs and want to create a lot of illustrations, then you can learn Illustrator, which will be fun learning.
Coreldraw: Corel Draw is another vector graphics software, and if you want to go printing industry, you must learn CorelDRAW.
Build a Strong Portfolio:
After implementing graphic designing, you must build your portfolio because when you make the first approach in graphic designing, your portfolio will speak, so focus on building your portfolio.
If you are a beginner, start with basic designs, at least 5-6 designs daily. You have to try. After one month, collect the best ones, create a Behance account, and upload regularly. Keep practicing automatically. You will improve, and you can build a good portfolio.
Network Your Design Skills:
To become an excellent graphic designer, you need more than skills and knowledge to market your skills and knowledge.
A good graphic designer can be happy when they earn more on their skills.
So network with your skills and earn well.
Finally, it’s a good decision you want to become a Graphic designer in india. But You need a lot of patience and knowledge and can only become a good graphic designer with software knowledge.
You have to learn everything, for example, elements, shapes, colors, textures, design principles, etc.